|Free School Meals Application Form|
Evington Valley Primary School
Free School Meals
Who is eligible for Free School Meals?
Pupils can have free school meals if their parents or carers are in receipt of:
* Income Support (IS)
* Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
* Income -related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
* National Asylum Seeker Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
* Child Tax Credits, with· a gross family income that DOES NOT exceed £16,190 (Please note that if you receive Working Tax Credit you will not be entitled to free school meals), or
* A guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
Pupil Premium is extra funding the government gives to schools to raise the achievement of disadvantaged pupils. The amount a school receives depends on the number of pupils eligible for free school meals.
Parents are therefore encouraged to register their children, even if:
* they do not want to eat school meals
* they already receive universal infant free school meals.
This is in order to raise extra money for the school, which can be used towards extra tuition, learning assistants or after school clubs.
How to Apply for Free School Meals
* Apply online –·visit www.leicester.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals and complete the online form
* By telephone - call Leicester City Council on 0116 454 1009. Make sure you have your National Insurance number to hand.
* By post – download and print a paper application form on the bottom of this page and post it to:
Free School Meals Service
Leicester City Council
4th Floor, York House
91 Granby Street
You do not need to renew your application each year. Once you have been issued with a free school meal voucher, it remains valid until your child leaves school, unless your circumstances change and you no longer meet the qualifying criteria.
For information and advice from the Free School Meals Service telephone on 0116 252 7009 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org